Thanks for taking the time to check out St. James online. Here are some reasons to check us out in person:
- You’re feeling that there has to be more to life than working to buy stuff, retirement and death.
- You see the spiritual life as a journey of exploration not a destination where you arrive at a bunch of correct beliefs.
- You don’t want to be told what to believe, but you do want to be supported, challenged and guided.
- You’re curious about the Christian story and want to explore it in an open, non-judgemental place.
- You want your children and/or teens to have a spiritual life that is rooted in Jesus’ message of love and acceptance.
- You want to be reminded regularly that you are more than the work you do, more than a consumer and even more than your relationships, you are a vessel for the sacred, a person with gifts to share, a beloved child of God.
- You want to be part of a community where people take care of each other and the world around them.
If any of this strikes a chord, then St. James might be the faith community you’re looking for. If you’re not used to going to church it might seem weird at first, anything new does, feel free to be curious and ask questions, you can give me a call (705-746-8553) or e-mail me (email@example.com). You might also want to explore the Visiting for the First Time area on our site ( www.stjamesps.com/about-us/your-first-visit). St. James is not a perfect community, no human organization is, if you’re not perfect either maybe you’ll find a place for yourself here.
Take care and blessings on your journey.
Rev. Joe Gaspar